- (a.) Turned aside; hence, specifically, turned away from the right; willfully erring; wicked; perverted.
- (a.) Obstinate in the wrong; stubborn; intractable; hence, wayward; vexing; contrary.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: PERSEVER
- (v. i.) To persevere.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (v. t.) To keep or save from injury or destruction; to guard or defend from evil, harm, danger, etc.; to protect.
- (v. t.) To save from decay by the use of some preservative substance, as sugar, salt, etc.; to season and prepare for remaining in a good state, as fruits, meat, etc.; as, to preserve peaches or grapes.
- (v. t.) To maintain throughout; to keep intact; as, to preserve appearances; to preserve silence.
- (v. i.) To make preserves.
- (v. i.) To protect game for purposes of sport.
- (n.) That which is preserved; fruit, etc., seasoned and kept by suitable preparation; esp., fruit cooked with sugar; -- commonly in the plural.
- (n.) A place in which game, fish, etc., are preserved for purposes of sport, or for food.