- (n.) The dung of dogs, used as an alkaline steep in tanning.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: PERU
- A republic in western South America; achieved independence from Spain in 1821; was the heart of the Inca empire from the 12th to 16th centuries
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (superl.) Separate from all heterogeneous or extraneous matter; free from mixture or combination; clean; mere; simple; unmixed; as, pure water; pure clay; pure air; pure compassion.
- (superl.) Free from moral defilement or quilt; hence, innocent; guileless; chaste; -- applied to persons.
- (superl.) Free from that which harms, vitiates, weakens, or pollutes; genuine; real; perfect; -- applied to things and actions.
- (superl.) Ritually clean; fitted for holy services.
- (superl.) Of a single, simple sound or tone; -- said of some vowels and the unaspirated consonants.