Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: PET
- (a.) Petted; indulged; admired; cherished; as, a pet child; a pet lamb; a pet theory.
- (n.) A cade lamb; a lamb brought up by hand.
- (n.) Any person or animal especially cherished and indulged; a fondling; a darling; often, a favorite child.
- (n.) A slight fit of peevishness or fretfulness.
- (v. i.) To be a pet.
- (v. t.) To treat as a pet; to fondle; to indulge; as, she was petted and spoiled.