- Get or try to get into communication (with someone) by telephone; "I tried to call you all night"; "Take two aspirin and call me in the morning"
- Electro-acoustic transducer for converting electric signals into sounds; it is held over or inserted into the ear; "it was not the typing but the earphones that she disliked"
- Electronic equipment that converts sound into electrical signals that can be transmitted over distances and then converts received signals back into sounds; "I talked to him on the telephone"
- (phonetics) an individual sound unit of speech without concern as to whether or not it is a phoneme of some language
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: PHEON
- (n.) A bearing representing the head of a dart or javelin, with long barbs which are engrailed on the inner edge.