- (n.) The projecting region of the lateral parts of one side of the pelvis and the hip joint; the haunch; the huckle.
- (n.) The external angle formed by the meeting of two sloping sides or skirts of a roof, which have their wall plates running in different directions.
- (n.) In a bridge truss, the place where an inclined end post meets the top chord.
- (v. t.) To dislocate or sprain the hip of, to fracture or injure the hip bone of (a quadruped) in such a manner as to produce a permanent depression of that side.
- (v. t.) To throw (one's adversary) over one's hip in wrestling (technically called cross buttock).
- (v. t.) To make with a hip or hips, as a roof.
- (n.) The fruit of a rosebush, especially of the English dog-rose (Rosa canina).
- (interj.) Used to excite attention or as a signal; as, hip, hip, hurra!
- (n.) Alt. of Hipps
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: PHI
- The 21st letter of the Greek alphabet