- (v. & n.) To cook, as eggs, by breaking them into boiling water; also, to cook with butter after breaking in a vessel.
- (v. & n.) To rob of game; to pocket and convey away by stealth, as game; hence, to plunder.
- (v. i.) To steal or pocket game, or to carry it away privately, as in a bag; to kill or destroy game contrary to law, especially by night; to hunt or fish unlawfully; as, to poach for rabbits or for salmon.
- (v. t.) To stab; to pierce; to spear, \as fish.
- (v. t.) To force, drive, or plunge into anything.
- (v. t.) To make soft or muddy by trampling
- (v. t.) To begin and not complete.
- (v. i.) To become soft or muddy.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: PHOCA
- (n.) A genus of seals. It includes the common harbor seal and allied species. See Seal.