- (n.) A property possessed by a moving body in virtue of its weight and its motion; the force with which any body is driven or impelled; momentum.
- (n.) Fig.: Impulse; incentive; vigor; force.
- (n.) The aititude through which a heavy body must fall to acquire a velocity equal to that with which a ball is discharged from a piece.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- Attribute or credit to; "We attributed this quotation to Shakespeare"; "People impute great cleverness to cats"
- Attribute (responsibility or fault) to a cause or source; "The teacher imputed the student's failure to his nervousness"