Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: PILOT
- (n.) One employed to steer a vessel; a helmsman; a steersman.
- (n.) Specifically, a person duly qualified, and licensed by authority, to conduct vessels into and out of a port, or in certain waters, for a fixed rate of fees.
- (n.) Figuratively: A guide; a director of another through a difficult or unknown course.
- (n.) An instrument for detecting the compass error.
- (n.) The cowcatcher of a locomotive.
- (v. t.) To direct the course of, as of a ship, where navigation is dangerous.
- (v. t.) Figuratively: To guide, as through dangers or difficulties.