Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: PINGS
- Send a message from one computer to another to check whether it is reachable and active; "ping your machine in the office"
- Contact, usually in order to remind of something; "I'll ping my accountant--April 15 is nearing"
- A sharp high-pitched resonant sound (as of a sonar echo or a bullet striking metal)
- Hit with a pinging noise; "The bugs pinged the lamp shade"
- A river in western Thailand; a major tributary of the Chao Phraya
- Make a short high-pitched sound; "the bullet pinged when they struck the car"
- Sound like a car engine that is firing too early; "the car pinged when I put in low-octane gasoline"; "The car pinked when the ignition was too far retarded"