Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: PINNA
- (n.) A leaflet of a pinnate leaf. See Illust. of Bipinnate leaf, under Bipinnate.
- (n.) One of the primary divisions of a decompound leaf.
- (n.) One of the divisions of a pinnate part or organ.
- (n.) Any species of Pinna, a genus of large bivalve mollusks found in all warm seas. The byssus consists of a large number of long, silky fibers, which have been used in manufacturing woven fabrics, as a curiosity.
- (n.) The auricle of the ear. See Ear.