- (n.) A flea.
- (v. t.) To cut off as the top or extreme part of anything; to sho/ -- by cutting off the extremities; to cut off, or remove as superfluous parts; as, to lop a tree or its branches.
- (v. t.) To cut partly off and bend down; as, to lop bushes in a hedge.
- (n.) That which is lopped from anything, as branches from a tree.
- (v. i.) To hang downward; to be pendent; to lean to one side.
- (v. t.) To let hang down; as, to lop the head.
- (a.) Hanging down; as, lop ears; -- used also in compound adjectives; as, lopeared; lopsided.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: PLO
- A political movement uniting Palestinian Arabs in an effort to create an independent state of Palestine; when formed in 1964 it was a terrorist organization dominated by Yasser Arafat's al-Fatah; in 1968 Arafat became chairman; received recognition by the United Nations and by Arab states in 1974 as a government in exile; has played a largely political role since the creation of the Palestine National Authority
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- A person active in party politics