- A large and hurried swallow; "he finished it at a single gulp"
- A spasmodic reflex of the throat made as if in swallowing
- Utter or make a noise, as when swallowing too quickly; "He gulped for help after choking on a big piece of meat"
- To swallow hurriedly or greedily or in one draught; "The men gulped down their beers"
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: PLUGS
- Insert a plug into; "plug the wall"
- Persist in working hard; "Students must plug away at this problem"
- Make a plug for; praise the qualities or in order to sell or promote
- Deliver a quick blow to; "he punched me in the stomach"
- Fill or close tightly with or as if with a plug; "plug the hole"; "stop up the leak"
- An old or over-worked horse
- An upright hydrant for drawing water to use in fighting a fire
- Blockage consisting of an object designed to fill a hole tightly
- An electrical device with two or three pins that is inserted in a socket to make an electrical connection
- Electrical device that fits into the cylinder head of an internal-combustion engine and ignites the gas by means of an electric spark
- Blatant or sensational promotion
- A wad of something chewable as tobacco
- A seedling in a tray for replanting
- Insert as a plug; "She plugged a cork in the wine b