Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: PLY
- (v.) A fold; a plait; a turn or twist, as of a cord.
- (v.) Bent; turn; direction; bias.
- (v. i.) To bend; to yield.
- (v. i.) To act, go, or work diligently and steadily; especially, to do something by repeated actions; to go back and forth; as, a steamer plies between certain ports.
- (v. i.) To work to windward; to beat.
- (v. t.) To bend.
- (v. t.) To lay on closely, or in folds; to work upon steadily, or with repeated acts; to press upon; to urge importunately; as, to ply one with questions, with solicitations, or with drink.
- (v. t.) To employ diligently; to use steadily.
- (v. t.) To practice or perform with diligence; to work at.