- (imp.) of Speak
- Imp. of Speak.
- (n.) The radius or ray of a wheel; one of the small bars which are inserted in the hub, or nave, and which serve to support the rim or felly.
- (n.) A projecting handle of a steering wheel.
- (n.) A rung, or round, of a ladder.
- (n.) A contrivance for fastening the wheel of a vehicle, to prevent it from turning in going down a hill.
- (v. t.) To furnish with spokes, as a wheel.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: POKES
- Make a hole by poking
- Hit hard with the hand, fist, or some heavy instrument; "the salesman pounded the door knocker"; "a bible-thumping Southern Baptist"
- (boxing) a blow with the fist; "I gave him a clout on his nose"
- Stir by poking; "poke the embers in the fireplace"
- A sharp hand gesture (resembling a blow); "he warned me with a jab with his finger"; "he made a thrusting motion with his fist"
- Search or inquire in a meddlesome way; "This guy is always nosing around the office"
- A bag made of paper or plastic for holding customer's purchases
- Someone who takes more time than necessary; someone who lags behind
- Tall coarse perennial American herb having small white flowers followed by blackish-red berries on long drooping racemes; young fleshy stems are edible; berries and root are poisonous