- (v. t.) To put together; to construct; to build.
- (v. t.) To contain or comprise.
- (v. t.) To put together in a new form out of materials already existing; esp., to put together or compose out of materials from other books or documents.
- (v. t.) To write; to compose.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (a.) Of or pertaining to controversy; maintaining, or involving, controversy; controversial; disputative; as, a polemic discourse or essay; polemic theology.
- (a.) Engaged in, or addicted to, polemics, or to controversy; disputations; as, a polemic writer.
- (n.) One who writes in support of one opinion, doctrine, or system, in opposition to another; one skilled in polemics; a controversialist; a disputant.
- (n.) A polemic argument or controversy.