- Watch, observe, or inquire secretly
- A spy who makes uninvited inquiries into the private affairs of others
- To spy
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: POONS
- Any of several East Indian trees of the genus Calophyllum having shiny leathery leaves and lightweight hard wood
- Wood of any poon tree; used for masts and spars
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (v. i.) See Spoom.
- (n.) An implement consisting of a small bowl (usually a shallow oval) with a handle, used especially in preparing or eating food.
- (n.) Anything which resembles a spoon in shape; esp. (Fishing), a spoon bait.
- (n.) Fig.: A simpleton; a spooney.
- (v. t.) To take up in, or as in, a spoon.
- (v. i.) To act with demonstrative or foolish fondness, as one in love.