Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: POUCH
- (n.) A small bag; usually, a leathern bag; as, a pouch for money; a shot pouch; a mail pouch, etc.
- (n.) That which is shaped like, or used as, a pouch
- (n.) A protuberant belly; a paunch; -- so called in ridicule.
- (n.) A sac or bag for carrying food or young; as, the cheek pouches of certain rodents, and the pouch of marsupials.
- (n.) A cyst or sac containing fluid.
- (n.) A silicle, or short pod, as of the shepherd's purse.
- (n.) A bulkhead in the hold of a vessel, to prevent grain, etc., from shifting.
- (v. t.) To put or take into a pouch.
- (v. t.) To swallow; -- said of fowls.
- (v. t.) To pout.
- (v. t.) To pocket; to put up with.