- (v. i. & t.) To cry or shout; hence, to sell by auction.
- (n.) An outcry; hence, a sale of gods by auction.
- (n.) A disease in poultry. See Pip.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: POUR
- (a.) Poor.
- (n.) A stream, or something like a stream; a flood.
- (v. i.) To pore.
- (v. i.) To flow, pass, or issue in a stream, or as a stream; to fall continuously and abundantly; as, the rain pours; the people poured out of the theater.
- (v. t.) To cause to flow in a stream, as a liquid or anything flowing like a liquid, either out of a vessel or into it; as, to pour water from a pail; to pour wine into a decanter; to pour oil upon the waters; to pour out sand or dust.
- (v. t.) To send forth as in a stream or a flood; to emit; to let escape freely or wholly.
- (v. t.) To send forth from, as in a stream; to discharge uninterruptedly.