- (a.) Open; evident; undisguised.
- (adv.) Openly.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: PRATE
- (n.) Talk to little purpose; trifling talk; unmeaning loquacity.
- (v. i.) To talk much and to little purpose; to be loquacious; to speak foolishly; to babble.
- (v. t.) To utter foolishly; to speak without reason or purpose; to chatter, or babble.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (a.) Active; lively; brisk; smart; -- often applied to convalescents; as, she is quite peart to-day.
- (n.) See Petard.
- Jordanian rock city
- (n.) A small wax candle; a small lighted wax candle; hence, a small light.
- (n.) A tapering form; gradual diminution of thickness in an elongated object; as, the taper of a spire.
- (a.) Regularly narrowed toward the point; becoming small toward one end; conical; pyramidical; as, taper fingers.
- (v. i.) To become gradually smaller toward one end; as, a sugar loaf tapers toward one end.
- (v. t.) To make or cause to taper.
- (v. i.) To walk or run about in an idle or slatternly manner; to traipse.