- Spherical Gram-positive bacteria occurring in pairs or chains; cause e.g. scarlet fever and tonsillitis
- Of or relating to or caused by streptococci
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: PREST
- Imp. & p. p. of Press.
- (a.) Ready; prompt; prepared.
- (a.) Neat; tidy; proper.
- (n.) Ready money; a loan of money.
- (n.) A duty in money formerly paid by the sheriff on his account in the exchequer, or for money left or remaining in his hands.
- (v. t.) To give as a loan; to lend.