- Wood heaped for burning a dead body as a funeral rite
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: PREYS
- Prey on or hunt for; "These mammals predate certain eggs"
- Profit from in an exploitatory manner; "He feeds on her insecurity"
- Animal hunted or caught for food
- A person who is the aim of an attack (especially a victim of ridicule or exploitation) by some hostile person or influence; "he fell prey to muggers"; "everyone was fair game"; "the target of a manhunt"
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- Battle in World War I (1914); heavy but indecisive fighting as the Allies and the Germans both tried to break through the lines of the others
- Battle in World War I (1915); Germans wanted to try chlorine (a toxic yellow gas) as a weapon and succeeded in taking considerable territory from the Allied salient
- Battle in World War I (1917); an Allied offensive which eventually failed because tanks bogged down in the waterlogged soil of Flanders; Germans introduced mustard gas which interfered with the Allied artillery