- (n.) A yellow pigment of various degrees of intensity, approaching also to red.
- (n.) The orpine.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: PRION
- (microbiology) an infectious protein particle similar to a virus but lacking nucleic acid; thought to be the agent responsible for scrapie and other degenerative diseases of the nervous system
- Prion, also called Whalebird, any of several species of small Antarctic seabirds of the genus Pachyptila, in the family Procellariidae (order Procellariiformes).
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (v. t.) To lop; to trim; to prune; to adorn.
- (v. i.) To employed in pruning.