- Perform surgery on; "The doctors operated on the patient but failed to save his life"
- Happen; "What is going on in the minds of the people?"
- Perform a movement in military or naval tactics in order to secure an advantage in attack or defense
- Handle and cause to function; "do not operate machinery after imbibing alcohol"; "control the lever"
- Keep engaged; "engaged the gears"
- Perform as expected when applied; "The washing machine won't go unless it's plugged in"; "Does this old car still run well?"; "This old radio doesn't work anymore"
- Direct or control; projects, businesses, etc.; "She is running a relief operation in the Sudan"
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: PROTEASE
- Any enzyme that catalyzes the splitting of proteins into smaller peptide fractions and amino acids by a process known as proteolysis