Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: PUG
- (n.) Tempered clay; clay moistened and worked so as to be plastic.
- (n.) A pug mill.
- (n.) An elf, or a hobgoblin; also same as Puck.
- (n.) A name for a monkey.
- (n.) A name for a fox.
- (n.) An intimate; a crony; a dear one.
- (n.) Chaff; the refuse of grain.
- (n.) A prostitute.
- (n.) One of a small breed of pet dogs having a short nose and head; a pug dog.
- (n.) Any geometrid moth of the genus Eupithecia.
- (v. t.) To mix and stir when wet, as clay for bricks, pottery, etc.
- (v. t.) To fill or stop with clay by tamping; to fill in or spread with mortar, as a floor or partition, for the purpose of deadening sound. See Pugging, 2.