Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: PULLS
- Apply force so as to cause motion towards the source of the motion; "Pull the rope"; "Pull the handle towards you"; "pull the string gently"; "pull the trigger of the gun"; "pull your knees towards your chin"
- A sharp strain on muscles or ligaments; "the wrench to his knee occurred as he fell"; "he was sidelined with a hamstring pull"
- Rein in to keep from winning a race; "pull a horse"
- Operate when rowing a boat; "pull the oars"
- Bring, take, or pull out of a container or from under a cover; "draw a weapon"; "pull out a gun"; "The mugger pulled a knife on his victim"
- Steer into a certain direction; "pull one's horse to a stand"; "Pull the car over"
- Move into a certain direction; "the car pulls to the right"
- Cause to move in a certain direction by exerting a force upon, either physically or in an abstract sense; "A declining dollar pulled down the export figures for the last quarter"
- Strain abnormally; "I pull