- Type genus of the Leporidae: hares
- A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Orion and Columba
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: PULSE
- (n.) Leguminous plants, or their seeds, as beans, pease, etc.
- (n.) The beating or throbbing of the heart or blood vessels, especially of the arteries.
- (n.) Any measured or regular beat; any short, quick motion, regularly repeated, as of a medium in the transmission of light, sound, etc.; oscillation; vibration; pulsation; impulse; beat; movement.
- (v. i.) To beat, as the arteries; to move in pulses or beats; to pulsate; to throb.
- (v. t.) To drive by a pulsation; to cause to pulsate.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- Cry weakly or softly; "she wailed with pain"