- (v. t.) To take into the mouth with the lips, as a liquid; to take or drink by a little at a time; to sip.
- (n.) A small mouthful, as of liquor or broth; a little taken with the lips; a sip.
- (v. i.) To eat the evening meal; to take supper.
- (v. t.) To treat with supper.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: PUS
- (a.) The yellowish white opaque creamy matter produced by the process of suppuration. It consists of innumerable white nucleated cells floating in a clear liquid.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- Raise; "up the ante"