- (a.) Old; ancient; of genuine antiquity; as, an antique statue. In this sense it usually refers to the flourishing ages of Greece and Rome.
- (a.) Old, as respects the present age, or a modern period of time; of old fashion; antiquated; as, an antique robe.
- (a.) Made in imitation of antiquity; as, the antique style of Thomson's "Castle of Indolence."
- (a.) Odd; fantastic.
- (a.) In general, anything very old; but in a more limited sense, a relic or object of ancient art; collectively, the antique, the remains of ancient art, as busts, statues, paintings, and vases.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) A salt of quinic acid.