Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: QUEEN
- (n.) The wife of a king.
- (n.) A woman who is the sovereign of a kingdom; a female monarch; as, Elizabeth, queen of England; Mary, queen of Scots.
- (n.) A woman eminent in power or attractions; the highest of her kind; as, a queen in society; -- also used figuratively of cities, countries, etc.
- (n.) The fertile, or fully developed, female of social bees, ants, and termites.
- (n.) The most powerful, and except the king the most important, piece in a set of chessmen.
- (n.) A playing card bearing the picture of a queen; as, the queen of spades.
- (n.) A male homosexual, esp. one who is effeminate or dresses in women's clothing.
- (v. i.) To act the part of a queen.
- (v. i.) To make a queen (or other piece, at the player's discretion) of by moving it to the eighth row; as, to queen a pawn.