- Make equal, uniform, corresponding, or matching; "let's equalize the duties among all employees in this office"; "The company matched the discount policy of its competitors"
- Be identical or equivalent to; "One dollar equals 1,000 rubles these days!"
- Be equal to in quality or ability; "Nothing can rival cotton for durability"; "Your performance doesn't even touch that of your colleagues"; "Her persistence and ambition only matches that of her parents"
- A person who is of equal standing with another in a group
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: QUESAL
- (n.) The long-tailed, or resplendent, trogon (Pharomachus mocinno, formerly Trogon resplendens), native of Southern Mexico and Central America. Called also quetzal, and golden trogon.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (v. i.) To cry with a sharp, shrill, prolonged sound, as certain animals do, indicating want, displeasure, or pain.
- (v. i.) To turn informer; to betray a secret.
- (n.) A shrill, somewhat prolonged cry.