- (n.) A kind of cap worn in the 16th century, and copied in modern fashions; -- called also toquet.
- (n.) A variety of the bonnet monkey.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: QUOTE
- (n.) A note upon an author.
- (v. t.) To cite, as a passage from some author; to name, repeat, or adduce, as a passage from an author or speaker, by way of authority or illustration; as, to quote a passage from Homer.
- (v. t.) To cite a passage from; to name as the authority for a statement or an opinion; as, to quote Shakespeare.
- (v. t.) To name the current price of.
- (v. t.) To notice; to observe; to examine.
- (v. t.) To set down, as in writing.