- (n.) The native name of Persia.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: RAIN
- (n.) Water falling in drops from the clouds; the descent of water from the clouds in drops.
- (n.) To fall in drops from the clouds, as water; -- used mostly with it for a nominative; as, it rains.
- (n.) To fall or drop like water from the clouds; as, tears rained from their eyes.
- (n. & v.) Reign.
- (v. t.) To pour or shower down from above, like rain from the clouds.
- (v. t.) To bestow in a profuse or abundant manner; as, to rain favors upon a person.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) A queen or princess; the wife of a rajah.