Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: RANKS
- Assign a rank or rating to; "how would you rank these students?"; "The restaurant is rated highly in the food guide"
- Take or have a position relative to others; "This painting ranks among the best in the Western World"
- Take precedence or surpass others in rank
- The ordinary members of an organization (such as the enlisted soldiers of an army); "the strike was supported by the union rank and file"; "he rose from the ranks to become a colonel"
- The body of members of an organization or group; "they polled their membership"; "they found dissension in their own ranks"; "he joined the ranks of the unemployed"
- A row or line of people (especially soldiers or police) standing abreast of one another; "the entrance was guarded by ranks of policemen"
- Position in a social hierarchy; "the British are more aware of social status than Americans are"
- Relative status; "his salary was determined by his rank and seniority"