- Make a score (on a hole) equal to par
- (golf) the standard number of strokes set for each hole on a golf course, or for the entire course; "a par-5 hole"; "par for this course is 72"
- A state of being essentially equal or equivalent; equally balanced; "on a par with the best"
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: RAPS
- The act of hitting vigorously; "he gave the table a whack"
- Talk volubly
- A reproach for some lapse or misdeed; "he took the blame for it"; "it was a bum rap"
- Strike sharply; "rap him on the knuckles"
- Genre of African-American music of the 1980s and 1990s in which rhyming lyrics are chanted to a musical accompaniment; several forms of rap have emerged
- Perform rap music
- Voluble conversation
- Make light, repeated taps on a surface; "he was tapping his fingers on the table impatiently"
- The sound made by a gentle blow
- A gentle blow
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (v. t.) To rub or file with a rasp; to rub or grate with a rough file; as, to rasp wood to make it smooth; to rasp bones to powder.
- (v. t.) Hence, figuratively: To grate harshly upon; to offend by coarse or rough treatment or language; as, some sounds rasp the ear; his insults rasped my temper.
- (v.) A coarse file, on which the cutting prominences are distinct points raised by the oblique stroke of a sharp punch, instead of lines raised by a chisel, as on the true file.
- (v.) The raspberry.
- (n.) An old name for a nonmetallic mineral, usually cleavable and somewhat lustrous; as, calc spar, or calcite, fluor spar, etc. It was especially used in the case of the gangue minerals of a metalliferous vein.
- (v. t.) A general term any round piece of timber used as a mast, yard, boom, or gaff.
- (v. t.) Formerly, a piece of timber, in a general sense; -- still applied locally to rafters.
- (v. t.) The bar of a gate or door.
- (v. t.) To bolt; to bar.
- (v. t.) To To supply or equip with spars, as a vessel.
- (v. i.) To strike with the feet or spurs, as cocks do.
- (v. i.) To use the fists and arms scientifically in attack or defense; to contend or combat with the fists, as for exercise or amusement; to box.
- (v. i.) To contest in words; to wrangle.
- (n.) A contest at sparring or boxing.
- (n.) A movement of offense or defense in boxing.