- Warn or arouse to a sense of danger or call to a state of preparedness; "The empty house alarmed him"; "We alerted the new neighbors to the high rate of burglaries"
- An automatic signal (usually a sound) warning of danger
- A warning serves to make you more alert to danger
- Condition of heightened watchfulness or preparation for action; "bombers were put on alert during the crisis"
Stuck on a crossword puzzle or Wordle answer?
Enter the word you are trying to solve in the box below, using question marks in place of the letter(s) you don't know.
New! You can also search for definitions and anagrams by typing in a word without any question marks.
Definition of: RATELS
- Nocturnal badger-like carnivore of wooded regions of Africa and southern Asia
- Remove the ovaries of; "Is your cat spayed?"
- Become different in some particular way, without permanently losing one's or its former characteristics or essence; "her mood changes in accordance with the weather"; "The supermarket's selection of vegetables varies according to the season"
- Cause to change; make different; cause a transformation; "The advent of the automobile may have altered the growth pattern of the city"; "The discussion has changed my thinking about the issue"
- Insert words into texts, often falsifying it thereby
- Make an alteration to; "This dress needs to be altered"
- (n.) A workman whose business it is to shape boots or shoes, or place leather smoothly, on lasts; a tool for stretching leather on a last.
- (n.) One who makes, sells, or applies salt; one who salts meat or fish.
- (n.) One who lays slates, or whose occupation is to slate buildings.
- (n.) Any terrestrial isopod crustacean of the genus Porcellio and allied genera; a sow bug.
- Comparative of stale - past its best
- (n.) Pupil of the eye.
- (n.) A male hawk. See Tercel.