- (n.) The act of creating or causing to exist. Specifically, the act of bringing the universe or this world into existence.
- (n.) That which is created; that which is produced or caused to exist, as the world or some original work of art or of the imagination; nature.
- (n.) The act of constituting or investing with a new character; appointment; formation.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: REACTION
- (n.) Any action in resisting other action or force; counter tendency; movement in a contrary direction; reverse action.
- (n.) The mutual or reciprocal action of chemical agents upon each other, or the action upon such chemical agents of some form of energy, as heat, light, or electricity, resulting in a chemical change in one or more of these agents, with the production of new compounds or the manifestation of distinctive characters. See Blowpipe reaction, Flame reaction, under Blowpipe, and Flame.
- (n.) An action induced by vital resistance to some other action; depression or exhaustion of vital force consequent on overexertion or overstimulation; heightened activity and overaction succeeding depression or shock.
- (n.) The force which a body subjected to the action of a force from another body exerts upon the latter body in the opposite direction.
- (n.) Backward tendency or movement after revolution, reform, or great progress in any direction.