- A mark used by an author or editor to indicate where something is to be inserted into a text
Stuck on a crossword puzzle or Wordle answer?
Enter the word you are trying to solve in the box below, using question marks in place of the letter(s) you don't know.
New! You can also search for definitions and anagrams by typing in a word without any question marks.
Definitions of: REACTS
- Undergo a chemical reaction; react with another substance under certain conditions; "The hydrogen and the oxygen react"
- Show a response or a reaction to something
- Act against or in opposition to; "She reacts negatively to everything I say"
- A list of dishes available at a restaurant; "the menu was in French"
- (n.) One who casts; as, caster of stones, etc. ; a caster of cannon; a caster of accounts.
- (n.) A vial, cruet, or other small vessel, used to contain condiments at the table; as, a set of casters.
- (n.) A stand to hold a set of cruets.
- (n.) A small wheel on a swivel, on which furniture is supported and moved.
- Supply food ready to eat; for parties and banquets
- Give what is desired or needed, especially support, food or sustenance; "The hostess provided lunch for all the guests"
- Put into a crate; as for protection; "crate the paintings before shipping them to the museum"
- A rugged box (usually made of wood); used for shipping
- The quantity contained in a crate
- (v. t.) To throw again.
- (v. t.) To mold anew; to cast anew; to throw into a new form or shape; to reconstruct; as, to recast cannon; to recast an argument or a play.
- (v. t.) To compute, or cast up, a second time.
- (v. t.) To ransom; to release; to rescue.
- (n.) Ransom; release.
- Discover traces of; "She traced the circumstances of her birth"
- Either of two lines that connect a horse's harness to a wagon or other vehicle or to a whiffletree
- A drawing created by superimposing a semitransparent sheet of paper on the original image and copying on it the lines of the original image
- Read with difficulty; "Can you decipher this letter?"; "The archeologist traced the hieroglyphs"
- An indication that something has been present; "there wasn't a trace of evidence for the claim"; "a tincture of condescension"
- Follow, discover, or ascertain the course of development of something; "We must follow closely the economic development is Cuba" ; "trace the student's progress"
- A visible mark (as a footprint) left by the passage of person or animal or vehicle
- Make a mark or lines on a surface; "draw a line"; "trace the outline of a figure in the sand"
- A suggestion of some quality; "there was a touch of sa