- (v. i.) To leap or jump about in a sprightly manner; to cut capers; to skip; to spring; to prance; to dance.
- (n.) A frolicsome leap or spring; a skip; a jump, as in mirth or dancing; a prank.
- (n.) A vessel formerly used by the Dutch, privateer.
- (n.) The pungent grayish green flower bud of the European and Oriental caper (Capparis spinosa), much used for pickles.
- (n.) A plant of the genus Capparis; -- called also caper bush, caper tree.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: RECAP
- Summarize briefly; "Let's recapitulate the main ideas"
- A used automobile tire that has been remolded to give it new treads
- A summary at the end that repeats the substance of a longer discussion
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) A thin, crimped stuff, made of raw silk gummed and twisted on the mill. Black crape is much used for mourning garments, also for the dress of some clergymen.
- (n.) To form into ringlets; to curl; to crimp; to friz; as, to crape the hair; to crape silk.
- (n.) One who, or that which, paces; especially, a horse that paces.
- (n.) A genus of fishes, including the fresh-water perch.