- Provide evidence for; stand as proof of; show by one's behavior, attitude, or external attributes;
- Declare legally insane
- Guarantee payment on; of checks
- Authorize officially; "I am licensed to practice law in this state"
- Guarantee as meeting a certain standard; "certified grade AAA meat"
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: RECTIFIES
- Convert into direct current; "rectify alternating current"
- Make right or correct;
- Set straight or right; "remedy these deficiencies"; "rectify the inequities in salaries"; "repair an oversight"
- Bring, lead, or force to abandon a wrong or evil course of life, conduct, and adopt a right one; "The Church reformed me"; "reform your conduct"
- Math: determine the length of; "rectify a curve"