- Recovery or preservation from loss or danger; "work is the deliverance of mankind"; "a surgeon's job is the saving of lives"
- Take forcibly from legal custody; "rescue prisoners"
- Free from harm or evil
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: RECUSES
- Disqualify oneself (as a judge) in a particular case
- Challenge or except to a judge as being incompetent or interested, in canon and civil law
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- Make certain of; "This nest egg will ensure a nice retirement for us"; "Preparation will guarantee success!"
- Furnish with battens; "batten ships"
- Cause to be firmly attached; "fasten the lock onto the door"; "she fixed her gaze on the man"
- Fill or close tightly with or as if with a plug; "plug the hole"; "stop up the leak"
- Get by special effort; "He procured extra cigarettes even though they were rationed"
- Assure payment of