- Free or remove obstruction from; "free a path across the cluttered floor"
- Remove or force out from a position; "The dentist dislodged the piece of food that had been stuck under my gums"; "He finally could free the legs of the earthquake victim who was buried in the rubble"
- Release (gas or energy) as a result of a chemical reaction or physical decomposition
- Part with a possession or right; "I am relinquishing my bedroom to the long-term house guest"; "resign a claim to the throne"
- Relieve from; "Rid the house of pests"
- People who are free; "the home of the free and the brave"
- Grant freedom to; free from confinement
- Free from obligations or duties
- Make (information) available for publication; "release the list with the names of the prisoners"
- Grant relief or an exemption from a rule or requirement to; "She exempted me from the exam"
- Make (assets) available; "release the holdings in the di
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: REEFS
- A submerged ridge of rock or coral near the surface of the water
- Reduce (a sail) by taking in a reef
- One of several strips across a sail that can be taken in or rolled up to lessen the area of the sail that is exposed to the wind
- Roll up (a portion of a sail) in order to reduce its area
- A rocky region in the southern Transvaal in northeastern South Africa; contains rich gold deposits and coal and manganese
- Lower and bring partially inboard; "reef the sailboat's mast"