- (n.) An earring.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: RELATE
- (v. i.) To stand in some relation; to have bearing or concern; to pertain; to refer; -- with to.
- (v. i.) To make reference; to take account.
- (v. t.) To bring back; to restore.
- (v. t.) To refer; to ascribe, as to a source.
- (v. t.) To recount; to narrate; to tell over.
- (v. t.) To ally by connection or kindred.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) One who, or that which, elates.
- (n.) An elastic spiral filament for dispersing the spores, as in some liverworts.
- (n.) Any beetle of the family Elateridae, having the habit, when laid on the back, of giving a sudden upward spring, by a quick movement of the articulation between the abdomen and thorax; -- called also click beetle, spring beetle, and snapping beetle.
- (n.) The caudal spring used by Podura and related insects for leaping. See Collembola.
- (n.) The active principle of elaterium, being found in the juice of the wild or squirting cucumber (Ecballium agreste, formerly Motordica Elaterium) and other related species. It is extracted as a bitter, white, crystalline substance, which is a violent purgative.