- (n.) A gatepost or doorpost.
- (a.) Hidden; concealed; secret.
- (a.) Solitary; sad.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: REND
- (v. i.) To be rent or torn; to become parted; to separate; to split.
- (v. t.) To separate into parts with force or sudden violence; to tear asunder; to split; to burst; as, powder rends a rock in blasting; lightning rends an oak.
- (v. t.) To part or tear off forcibly; to take away by force.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- An intelligent but single-minded expert in a particular technical field or profession
- An insignificant student who is ridiculed as being affected or boringly studious