Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: REPRESENTATION
- (n.) The act of re-presenting, or the state of being presented again; a new presentation; as, re-presentation of facts previously stated.
- (n.) The act of representing, in any sense of the verb.
- (n.) That which represents.
- (n.) A likeness, a picture, or a model; as, a representation of the human face, or figure, and the like.
- (n.) A dramatic performance; as, a theatrical representation; a representation of Hamlet.
- (n.) A description or statement; as, the representation of an historian, of a witness, or an advocate.
- (n.) The body of those who act as representatives of a community or society; as, the representation of a State in Congress.
- (n.) Any collateral statement of fact, made orally or in writing, by which an estimate of the risk is affected, or either party is influenced.
- (n.) The state of being represented.