- A fragment of incombustible matter left after a wood or coal or charcoal fire
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: RESCIND
- (v. t.) To cut off; to abrogate; to annul.
- (v. t.) Specifically, to vacate or make void, as an act, by the enacting authority or by superior authority; to repeal; as, to rescind a law, a resolution, or a vote; to rescind a decree or a judgment.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (v. t.) To see and identify by noting a difference or differences; to note the distinctive character of; to discriminate; to distinguish.
- (v. t.) To see by the eye or by the understanding; to perceive and recognize; as, to discern a difference.
- (v. i.) To see or understand the difference; to make distinction; as, to discern between good and evil, truth and falsehood.
- (v. i.) To make cognizance.