- (n.) Alt. of Sceptre
- (v. t.) Alt. of Sceptre
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: RESPECT
- (v.) The act of noticing with attention; the giving particular consideration to; hence, care; caution.
- (v.) Esteem; regard; consideration; honor.
- (v.) An expression of respect of deference; regards; as, to send one's respects to another.
- (v.) Reputation; repute.
- (v.) Relation; reference; regard.
- (v.) Particular; point regarded; point of view; as, in this respect; in any respect; in all respects.
- (v.) Consideration; motive; interest.
- (v. t.) To take notice of; to regard with special attention; to regard as worthy of special consideration; hence, to care for; to heed.
- (v. t.) To consider worthy of esteem; to regard with honor.
- (v. t.) To look toward; to front upon or toward.
- (v. t.) To regard; to consider; to deem.
- (v. t.) To have regard to; to have reference to; to relate to; as, the treaty particularly respects our commerce.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) A staff or baton borne by a sovereign, as a ceremonial badge or emblem of authority; a royal mace.
- (n.) Hence, royal or imperial power or authority; sovereignty; as, to assume the scepter.
- (v. t.) To endow with the scepter, or emblem of authority; to invest with royal authority.
- (n.) Alt. of Spectre
- (n.) Something preternaturally visible; an apparition; a ghost; a phantom.
- (n.) The tarsius.
- (n.) A stick insect.
- (n.) See Specter.