- (n.) A braid, knot, or curl, of hair; a ringlet.
- (n.) Fig.: A knot or festoon, as of flowers.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: RESTS
- Be at rest
- Stay the same; remain in a certain state; "The dress remained wet after repeated attempts to dry it"; "rest assured"; "stay alone"; "He remained unmoved by her tears"; "The bad weather continued for another week"
- Take a short break from one's activities in order to relax
- Give a rest to; "He rested his bad leg"; "Rest the dogs for a moment"
- Freedom from activity (work or strain or responsibility); "took his repose by the swimming pool"
- Rest on or as if on a pillow; "pillow your head"
- A support on which things can be put; "the gun was steadied on a special rest"
- Sit, as on a branch; "The birds perched high in the tree"
- A musical notation indicating a silence of a specified duration
- Not move; be in a resting position
- Something left after other parts have been taken away; "there was no remainder"; "he threw away the rest"; "he took what he wanted and I got the balance"