Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: RETENT
- (n.) That which is retained.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) One who takes care of, or tends, machines in a factory; a kind of assistant foreman.
- (n.) A kind of governor.
- (n.) A machine or frame for stretching cloth by means of hooks, called tenter-hooks, so that it may dry even and square.
- (v. i.) To admit extension.
- (v. t.) To hang or stretch on, or as on, tenters.