- (n.) The act of breaking apart, or separating; the state of being broken asunder; as, the rupture of the skin; the rupture of a vessel or fiber; the rupture of a lutestring.
- (n.) Breach of peace or concord between individuals; open hostility or war between nations; interruption of friendly relations; as, the parties came to a rupture.
- (n.) Hernia. See Hernia.
- (n.) A bursting open, as of a steam boiler, in a less sudden manner than by explosion. See Explosion.
- (v. t.) To part by violence; to break; to burst; as, to rupture a blood vessel.
- (v. t.) To produce a hernia in.
- (v. i.) To suffer a breach or disruption.
Stuck on a crossword puzzle or Wordle answer?
Enter the word you are trying to solve in the box below, using question marks in place of the letter(s) you don't know.
New! You can also search for definitions and anagrams by typing in a word without any question marks.