- (n.) A young eel; a young conger or sea eel; -- called also elvene.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: REVEL
- (n.) See Reveal.
- (v. i.) A feast with loose and noisy jollity; riotous festivity or merrymaking; a carousal.
- (v. i.) To feast in a riotous manner; to carouse; to act the bacchanalian; to make merry.
- (v. i.) To move playfully; to indulge without restraint.
- (v. t.) To draw back; to retract.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (a.) More agreeable; more pleasing.
- (adv.) Rather.
- (n.) A rigid piece which is capable of turning about one point, or axis (the fulcrum), and in which are two or more other points where forces are applied; -- used for transmitting and modifying force and motion. Specif., a bar of metal, wood, or other rigid substance, used to exert a pressure, or sustain a weight, at one point of its length, by receiving a force or power at a second, and turning at a third on a fixed point called a fulcrum. It is usually named as the first of the six mechanical powers, and is of three kinds, according as either the fulcrum F, the weight W, or the power P, respectively, is situated between the other two, as in the figures.
- (n.) A bar, as a capstan bar, applied to a rotatory piece to turn it.
- (n.) An arm on a rock shaft, to give motion to the shaft or to obtain motion from it.